[time-nuts] Re: Creating a D.I.Y Rubidium Atomic Clock

Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 10:12:09 UTC 2023

I can only suggest on the PLL part.  Consider using an ADF5355, one of the
modern PLL chips available on ready made modules from CHina/Ebay
That is  Fractional-N synth chip, using a double Fract-N architecture and
capable of minute frequency steps, and an on-chip doubler allowing output
up to 12GHz
When supplied with a 10MHz reference, with the appropriate registers set,
it can get to within 0.0005Hz of the rubidium resonance.
The attached screenshot is my own calculation utility for this chip showing
(just one set of) values to do this.

More info on driving this PLL chip at http://g4jnt.com/Synthesizers.htm
Scroll down to ADF5355

Andy