[time-nuts] Re: Creating a D.I.Y Rubidium Atomic Clock

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jun 7 14:22:19 UTC 2023

Hi

Back when I was with EG&G, they spent a *lot* of effort on the “glassware” side
of things. It was a major undertaking for a facility that already made vacuum
tubes.

Was what they did overkill? In the end that was a bit unclear. Their whole “accurate
dose” gas fill was still being debated years later. That said, you still need some
way to get a very precise mix into each and every cell.

Bob