[time-nuts] Kinemetric GPS-DC manual or information

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 13:56:13 UTC 2023

Hello to the group. Just picked up a Kinemetric GPS-DC. Granted its an old
unit etc. But interesting to try to get going. This has Kinemetrics only on
the front panel. I am guessing its slightly newer than the one on TVBs
leapsecond site. On the back it does have kinemetrics truetime. Thats why
my guess is its slightly newer.

It does appear there may be a bad CDU. (No idea what that means.)
The Li battery was bad and starting to leak but no real damage. Pretty sure
the dallas semiconductor battery backed clock and memory could be gone.
That doesn't mean the system can't be started up though. Will guess manual
entry of details may get it going. I was able to enter the correct
lat/long/alt and it stays even after power cycles.

But it does have the complete RF 1575 MHz preamp and down converter built
in. Also can send and receive rs 232. But totally guessing at commands and
not very good at it. Seems to be 9600 7 E 1 for communications.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance.
Paul
WB8TSL