[time-nuts] Re: Piezo Systems OCXO Data?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jun 14 01:40:59 UTC 2023

Hi

The ex-Piezo plant is now an exhibit hall that hosts things like the reptile club show and various auto
auctions. Piezo folded into McCoy back in the 1990’s. McCoy was part of Corning for a while. Then moved
to the Vectron / Dover empire. That spun off when Knowles and Dover split. It then went to Microsemi.
Microsemi was bought by Microchip. The name on the sign in front of the plant still was Microchip last
time I looked.

The only point in that is, it’s been a *long* time since that part was made. I very much doubt anybody
currently with the (far removed) current company will know anything about it.

Even back in the day, these parts did not get documented with customer repairs as a goal. If you wanted
it fixed, you got a repair quote from the plant. The repair cost may or may not have made sense to you. If
it did, you sent it back to the plant and they did what they could for the quoted price.

Bob