[time-nuts] Re: What GNSS module to buy for a good time reference?

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Wed Jun 21 17:11:48 UTC 2023

John, thanks

Could you elaborate a bit on these points:

-- L1/L5 bands only (no L2 option)
I read the amount of satellites transmitting L5 is a bit lower compared to
L2, are there other reasons why L2 is important? I guess one would have to
choose between L2 or L5 anyway in configuring a F9T, anything else?

-- only one TIMEPULSE output (could be a very big deal)
I failed to understand why this may be a big deal, can you explain?

Erik.