[time-nuts] Re: Help needed with a UPS for my GPSDO

Forrest Christian (List Account) lists at packetflux.com
Mon Jun 26 20:01:22 UTC 2023

Let me clarify my slightly unclear language.

1 battery = 12V
2 batteries = 24V
4 or more batteries may either be 24V or 48V.

As others have said,  packs of multiple batteries are taped or otherwise
held together.

Where the arrays are a single series string the jumper between the
batteries are simple wire(s) with appropriate crimp connectors.

Where batteries are paralleled, there is at least one fuse somewhere in the
array which will blow if one of the batteries short out.  In a consumer
ups, this is often a blade automotive fuse either soldered or connected
with a crimp connector and then the connection covered with heat shrink.