[time-nuts] NTP server replacement GPS receiver

nlsa at nlsa.com nlsa at nlsa.com
Thu Mar 2 14:18:37 UTC 2023

Dear friends,

Those of you who have their own in-house NTP server may have experienced failure last year.  This was due to a GPS week rollover that many timing receivers could not cope with.  Suddenly your NTP server can’t figure out the week and faults out.

I have found a replacement receiver for my SyncServer S250 (also works with S200, S300, etc.).  The new board simply replaces the existing GPS receiver board; swap-out took five minutes.  Total cost including shipping was €170.

Links:

*	https://www.heoldesign.com/N01x-Trimble-Lassen-SK2-iQ-sQ-LP-ACE-replacements-boards
*	https://trends.directindustry.com/heol-design/project-57722-1149241.html

Michael