[time-nuts] Re: HP 115BR Clock 60 Hz output option

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Mar 7 21:58:21 UTC 2023

Hi

If you have a motor that is running at 10 revs a second (600 RPM) and put a 5 slot disk on it. You get 50 Hz

That motor runs just fine off of 10 Hz. Indeed it might run off 100 Hz or 1KHz, be much smaller, and have a
10:1 or 100:1 gear box.

So now we cut one more slot in the disk. Each rev gets you 6 pulses instead of 5.

Bob