[time-nuts] Re: Frequency counter recommendation wanted

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Mar 16 12:44:54 UTC 2023

Hi

This is very much the reality of the eBay surplus market.

TBolts hit the scrap yard in China and they are dirt cheap for a while. Other GPSDO’s
do the same thing. Some day they (or another model) will also hit the same scrap yards.

Counters / DVM’s / Power Supplies are all in the same cycle. Folks downsize / close
facilities and sell off gear. They upsize and sell off the “old stuff” (from 10 years ago)
because it’s not compatible with their new setup. Out comes a flood of this or that.

53131 prices have taken a dive about once every 4 years or so ever since 2001.

Bob