[time-nuts] Re: Counter internal resolution error

Demetrios Matsakis dnmyiasou at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 15:57:35 UTC 2023

I don’t know how SR counters are today, but when we were upgrading our infrastructure over a decade ago we found other counters had better linearity.  Rover et al’s open source article has a good discussion of these issues, although of course you need to have one if you are going to experiment.  See   G. D. Rovera, M. Siccardi, S. Romisch, and M. Abgrali, “Time delay measurements: estimation of the error budget”, Metrologia 56, 2019 035004