[time-nuts] Datum 9150 time code generator manual needed

Gregory Muir engineering at mt.net
Sun Mar 19 17:28:45 UTC 2023

Has anyone ever noticed a manual for a Datum 9150-590 time code generator?
The only ones that appear are for the more compact form airborne generators
that are of later manufacturer.  This unit is the full size (height, width,
length)  ARINC factor.  MFG codes found put its manufacture to around 1978.

I picked this unit up in basically brand new condition (no signs of use)
many years ago, put it in storage and have just pulled it out for an
application.  It came with some organization  internally generated notes
referring to time synchronization steps required prior to a space shuttle
launch.  One note from initial acceptance calibration test indicated that it
has 3/1000 second error per day.  It also mentioned that this unit was
designated as an operational spare.

The internal SLA batteries need obvious replacement but the unit is fully
functional.  I usually try to find supporting documentation for all of the
items that I acquire but finding a manual for this one has been a challenge.
All of my other timing equipment has their associated manuals.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg