[time-nuts] Question about Trimble NetR9 receiver options

Stan swperk at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 27 01:26:54 UTC 2023

I just got a Trimble NetR9, which I hope to ultimately use to make some high
precision timing measurements. I've updated to the latest firmware and it's
happily ticking along right now.

Questions:

1.	The NetR9 spec sheet says it's capable of receiving the GPS,
GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou constellations. My receiver is currently
receiving just the GPS and GLONASS birds, with the options for Galileo and
BeiDou not enabled. Is it possible to enable them with a license key, and if
so, what is involved in getting that key?
2.	If it is possible to enable them, is it worth it to do so in order
to (significantly) enhance the precision of positioning and timing?

Thanks,
Stan