[time-nuts] Re: Faulty HP 10544B

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Tue Mar 28 06:53:09 UTC 2023

N.B. there's at least one error in the circuit schematic for the 10544 at leapsecond.com.
The oven monitor series resistor should be connected to the driven end of the heater winding not to the oven supply via the thermal fuse.

The corrected oven monitor connection is then consistent with the datasheet and the 10544 I used in the early 70's which was easily repaired after its RF output was inadvertently shorted.

Bruce