[time-nuts] Re: Temperature accuracy / repeatability / drift of double ovens

Ed Marciniak ed at nb0m.org
Fri Mar 31 18:13:14 UTC 2023

Linear technology made a thermoelectric full H bridge temperature controller. At the time, I’d like to say it came as a lot of two components. The second was an op-amp that may have been selected or trimmed unless there was a good reason to include it with samples (maybe less commonly available).

It was supposed to be able to achieve 10 millikelvin stability easily, and with more care in design, 1 millikelvin stability was supposed to be not too difficult to achieve.

It was a moderately expensive part…about $20 for the two components. A handful of passives and a a pair of N-channel and a pair of P-channel MOSFETs were required.

If memory serves correctly it was also switched mode rather than linear.