[time-nuts] Re: Eloran long test from now to August or September

Gregory Muir engineering at mt.net
Sat May 6 21:42:41 UTC 2023

All of the recent Google Earth photos show nothing happening up here at the Havre site.  Looks like there are/were a lot of places where the perimeter fence was knocked down.  I would have expected to see some changes given the initial 2017 test if it were employed at that time.  Will have to drive over there when I get a chance and take a look.  After at least 7 years of neglect I am sure that the site is in need of repairs.

According to the planners given the new technologies used in this system the eLoran sites are purported to be unmanned instead of the previous 4-5 man 24/7 crew.

Greg