[time-nuts] Re: [OT] MB506 pre-scaler module ??

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Tue May 9 02:02:18 UTC 2023

I considered dividers like this 35 years ago when I was the project
manager for the HP 5334B counter.  There are all kinds of problems
trying to apply dynamic dividers like this to a frequency counter.
I don't know anything specific about the module you are asking
about, but I wouldn't expect that it would be anything great,
based on the MB506.  How well it works depends on how clean
the signal is that you are feeding into it.  You would have
the buy it and try it for your application and see if it had
acceptable error (don't expect zero error, just low enough
for your requirements).  And if it doesn't work out, you
just wasted your money.

Rick N6RK