[time-nuts] Re: A beginner's question.

ordnit ordnit at yahoo.it
Mon May 15 18:16:00 UTC 2023

Hi Bob,
thank you for the clever suggestion. I jumped the "have a look with a
good oscilloscope at what is going on ".

So, the point is: using the splitter, the voltage on the 50ohm line
drops to 0.6V (peak). Triggering at 1V was a mist ake.

I managed run 5 times Timelab for 1000s with different trigger levels,
from 0.1V to 0.5V.

1second ADEV  with increasing trigger level:
0.1V 6.88E-10
0.2V 7.05E-10
0.3V 7.00E-10
0.4V 7.14E-10
0.5V 7.28E-10

10seconds ADEV  with increasing trigger level:
0.1V 7.05E-11
0.2V 7.07E-11
0.3V 7.03E-11
0.4V 6.89E-11
0.5V 7.40E-11

Performances are best with high trigger level.

Let me attach a nice picture. Thank you for valuable help. I love to
learn from my mistakes.

adelmo iz6cus