[time-nuts] Re: Z3801A questions

Mahlon Haunschild k4oq.radio at gmail.com
Sat May 27 01:23:22 UTC 2023

Well, as expected, when connected across my 48VDC infinite current source (e.g. golf car battery) the Z3801A booted right up.

Now all I need is a 48VDC 5A unregulated power supply.  Decades ago, these things were a dime a dozen.  Now they cost hundreds of dollars.

Or maybe a suitable step-start or ICR between the Vicor SMPS and the Z3801A.  After all, the Z3801A only draws roughly 500 mA, steady-state, while the Vicor can source 2.9A.  Plenty of room for that sort of thing.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards

Mahlon - N4ZK