[time-nuts] Re: HP 5065A repair

Matt Huszagh huszaghmatt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 19:29:32 UTC 2023

I've decide to start by addressing the cell flooding. Despite the
incorrect AGC DC voltage, the 60 MHz signal looks roughly ok and from a
quick look I don't think I can really perform the loop alignment without
some sort of RVFR signal.

I've attached a current-limited supply at 5V through a 5ohm power
resistor to the TED wires and have the unit powered with the meter set
to 2nd harmonic. The meter indication almost immediately started
deflecting off 0. It's been just a few minutes and the readings are
getting almost to 10 at max deflection, though deflecting back and
forth. I'm hopeful this is a good sign. I'll update as this unit has
more time to de-flood.

Please feel free to make suggestions if I should be following a
different approach at the moment.

Thanks!
Matt