[time-nuts] New book

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Wed Nov 1 14:37:55 UTC 2023

Dear all,

Now, for full disclosure, I am not completely unaffilliated, but I want
to share this gem.

Just published is a new book - "An Introduction to Modern Timekeeping
and Time Transfer" by Parameswar Banerjee and Demetrios Matsakis. This
book covers quite a bit of ground, and covers topics which include GNSS
and Two-way Satellite Time Transfer, Timescales etc.

I was asked to review a pair of chapters, and my feedback led me to
review the content of the full book. My feedback was apparently well
received and acted upon. I am proud and happy for the contribution, but
more importantly I think this books is really good that it does not
handwave on topics that other referernces handwave on, and I like that.
Concrete examples on uncertainty for links etc. is shown. Therefore I
recommend people to consider it.

So, this week as we met at the ITSF conference in Antwerp, Demetrios
very kindly gave me a copy of the book. We are however not the only
time-nuts here, Ole Peter is also here. Also on display is the 5071B or
"black 5071", so I've seen it in the flesh. Pendulum showed their
CNT-104 counter, and I will take one for a test-run soon enough.

Cheers,
Magnus