[time-nuts] Re: moving optical clocks to test Einstein's general relativity

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Thu Nov 9 21:24:34 UTC 2023

Cesium, not very good. Optical, sure.

The tidal wave shift of 3 dm requires the optical clocks, but it also
needs comparison with optical clock significantly different longitudal
or latitudal positions. The optical links of today is useful at their
10^-18 to 10^-19 floor. There is enough links in Europe between optical
clocks to maybe see this. They are about to connect INRIM to the French
grid, which leads up to SYRTE, shoots of to NPL and PTB. It will be
interesting to see if they see the 12h:is component in their data. I
will ask.

Cheers,
Magnus