[time-nuts] Re: moving optical clocks to test Einstein's general relativity

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Sat Nov 18 13:44:59 UTC 2023

Attila,

In a conversation with SYRTE they judge that they are still just out of
reach of seeing that in their data from the previous measurement
campaigns, but I am sure they will be looking harder for it. They where
aware that it would be there and acknowledge the analysis that it would
show up as comparing clocks between the labs. This is done in campaigns
and not an ongoing process. As they have a campaign, they do not do
hands on research work on the optical clocks, but just let them operate.
Inbetween, they try to improve them.

Recall, the spread of the clocks isn't all that good for the
observability of this phenomena, but it is better than having the clocks
in the same lab. This is why you get around 1/10th of your sensitivity
to the effect at best for the moment. This is why links and clocks need
to be so good.

I sent a follow-up question to the SYRTE-team, and they seem to have
enjoyed the discussion.

Cheers,
Magnus