[time-nuts] NTP Clock Software - Emerald Sequoia closing up shop

D. Resor organlists1 at sonic.net
Tue Oct 24 08:30:18 UTC 2023

The Emerald Sequoia software developers are calling it quits.

Emerald Blog - Notes from the developers at Emerald Sequoia LLC

https://emeraldsequoia.com/esblog/2022/12/21/emerald-sequoias-future/comment
-page-1/#_comments

I remember finding the Time App in the Apple store.  At the time is was one
of a kind.  I have used it regularly over the years to synchronize the time
of customer Electronic Carillon systems during maintenance calls.

Many of the legacy systems I service do not have GPS, but instead use the
60Hz AC line as a reference, which in itself (depending on the power
company) can turn into a major headache.

I understand the developer's point of view in dealing with changes and the
competition.

Don Resor