[time-nuts] Re: Lucent KS-24361

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Thu Sep 14 00:30:52 UTC 2023

> I was wondering if these things have maybe fallen foul of the 1024-week GPS
> bug?

That will just give the wrong date.  Other than that, it should work normally.

> So far I'm not getting anywhere

The GPS module in that gear is pretty old.  It will take a while to get going.
 How long did you wait?  How good is your GPS antenna?  Try waiting longer.

[From memory, so I might scramble something.]

There are 2 boxes.  The GPS unit is in one.  The 10 MHz comes from the other.
There is a 15 pin cable to connect them.  If you don't need the 10 MHz, you
don't need the second box.

If you don't have the second box connected, the LED on the GPS box won't go
green.

There are 2 9-pin serial connectors on each box.  They are RS-422
(differential) rather than RS-232.

I don't have the pinout handy.  I've talked to one with just wires from a PC
serial port, no level shifting.  The port labeled Diag defaults to sending
something every second and doesn't have a PPS.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.