[time-nuts] Re: Eloran long test from now to August or September.

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 15:48:05 UTC 2023

John whats your approximate location?
I am near Boston and do not hear Anthorn when I try. When the chain was
operating years ago I could pick up a station at night, in the winter on
occasion. Thats maybe 2700 miles. Perhaps more. All skywave. Using a
preamplified whip antenna. Pretty much a loran c boat antenna.
But have heard nothing for quite a few years. I also for some reason
believe Anthorn is not running at full power. Something I read many years
ago.
The new eLORAN has several purposes. Timing, potentially navigation,
certainly emergency messaging. In the timing respect it can be very good
even in buildings with the coding used. (Its dangerous on Time-Nuts to say
very good. Humor)
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL