[time-nuts] Re: Eloran long test from now to August or September.

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 13:13:56 UTC 2023

Adrian I can only speculate that they were as good as money allowed at the
time. They were both critical services so I doubt the government was cheap.
But that said the lower in frequency the system is the harder it is to get
something to radiate. In that respect eLORAN is just a bit more easy being
at 100 KHz. But still mighty hard. Not sure why its so hard to build a 70
KM vertical antenna and radials. Thats a total guess by the way.
Regards
Paul.