[time-nuts] tinyPFA (reprogrammed nanoVNA-H4) and 3-cornered hats

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Tue Sep 19 20:07:11 UTC 2023

I am doing some 3-cornered hat test runs with 3 of these tinyPFAs.  They stay in sync pretty well, but at about 24 hours, one of the inputs is about 1 second off.  Another is about .2 seconds off.  So, how much impact does this have on the resulting plot?
I believe there may be a way to use a single clock to power all three units, but I haven't looked into it yet.
The test configuration is 3 tinyPFAs, 3 Mini-Circuits splitters, and associated cabling.  The units under test are a Z3805A, an AT&T RFG-RB, and one of my GPSDOs.  I had been using a Lucent RFTG pair but had to switch to my GPSDO due to the Lucent developing a bad case of phase spikes.