[time-nuts] Re: pps pulse timestamp device

Juan Solano juan at mm.st
Thu Feb 15 06:19:15 UTC 2024

Hal,

thanks for the advice.

I am trying to measure pulse to pulse jitter of a PPS signal that I am
generating myself on a couple of different embedded linux systems,
basically this is a learning project where I write a linux kernel
driver to produce this PPS.

I have a Teensy and some stm32 dev boards that I could use,
however I would rather get something tried and tested to timestamp,
otherwise there are too many unknowns, I will not know if/where I have
made a mistake and on which side.

The TICC seems to be a great option, just trying to convince myself
that I can justify the cost going forward :)

Cheers,
Juan.