[time-nuts] Re: Trimble Thunderbolt temp coefficient

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Feb 19 16:55:08 UTC 2024

Hi

Unless you have a *very* stable temperature environment, 1000 seconds is long for the typical TBolt.

Any time you tweak this stuff you have a compromise involved:

	Longer TC gives better ADEV (up to some point …)
	Shorter TC gives better time accuracy

That’s just how it’s going to work. Long control loop response is not great for staying exactly on target. Fast control loop response lets a lot of noise through.

Bob