[time-nuts] Re: Austron Oscillator Products

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Feb 29 14:20:43 UTC 2024

Hi

If you dig around on the internet, you can find examples of this oscillator (or one of its close cousins) with date codes in the 1980 to 1981 range. Assuming they followed a normal order process, that would map back to an original “first piece” order date in the late 1970’s. It’s a pretty good bet ( = half a bottle of warm beer) that spec likely dates to before 1978.

Bob