[time-nuts] Re: HP-10811B thermal fuse

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Sat Jan 20 14:59:46 UTC 2024

On 1/19/2024 12:02 PM, John or Susan via time-nuts wrote:
> The thermal fuse in my 10811B oscillator has opened. Troubleshooting
> results say that the oven is ok, but I do need to replace the fuse and
> cannot find any information about it. The manual says the Mfg. number
> was 2110-0617, and the HP part number was 10811-80008. I am guessing
> something on the order of either 1/2 A slow-blow or 1 A regular fuse.

John, it is a /Thermal/ Fuse, i.e. it fails open when it gets above a
certain temperature, in this case I think about 105°C.  I bought a bunch
of 20 of the Panasonic ones when they were still available from Digikey;
I could stick one in an envelope and mail it to you.

Personally I think it's a really bad idea to link it out, and would be
surprised if -hp- recommended this.

Anyway I'll go look for the packet :^)

73 - Dan

ac6ao / g3ncr