[time-nuts] Re: Intro and question

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 08:08:21 UTC 2024

On 20/01/2024 18:23, KevinC via time-nuts wrote:
>    I have a lot of computer servers, all NTP synced, so its more about
> the tech used than a second resolution time - my PC or servers can
> provide me that.
>
> On the other hand, having NTP Stratum 0 output support would be diabetes
> inducing sweet.  I'm on gigabit Internet, so could support a bit of a load.
>
> Alas, being retired on fixed income does make cost an issue, so lets
> float $500 out as a proposed budget.

Kevin,

A very simple and easy solution would be a Raspberry Pi (any model - even the
1B - except the "zero" family which has less connectivity) with a modern
GPS/PPS card such as:

https://store.uputronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=81

It can support hundreds of users if needed, with precision down to tens of
microseconds.  Budget about US $100.

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu