[time-nuts] Re: Power line timing

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 12:11:13 UTC 2024

I don't think the clockwork backup idea died with that product. I've seen
common timeswitches (the type used to control streetlights, where it wasn't
done centrally) with a clockwork mechanism would by a motor, though I don't
think it was such an exotic mechanism as the one you describe.  You can
imagine the effort needed to reset streetlight clocks if a power cut put
them all a few hours out of sync. These were made by Sangamo-Weston so
presumably a descendant of the one you describe.