[time-nuts] Re: Power line timing

Stefan Hegnauer stefan.hegnauer at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 26 07:47:47 UTC 2024

On 26.03.2024 08:30, Hal Murray <halmurray at sonic.net> wrote:
> Europe expects electric clocks to keep good time.  Or did a few years ago when
> they were off by 6 minutes.  Anybody know if their power companies are trying
> to drop that constraint?

The current situation in Europe can be seen here in almost real-time:
https://www.swissgrid.ch/en/home/operation/grid-data/current-data.html

You may want to scroll to the very bottom of that page. I find the ~150° phase difference between Agios Stefanos (north of Athens, Greece) and Thessaloniki (about 300km further north) interesting ... what are they doing?

- Stefan