[time-nuts] Re: question about GPS time

David Bridgham dab at froghouse.org
Thu Mar 28 20:12:09 UTC 2024

On Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 3:56 PM Jim Harman via time-nuts <
time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:

> The u-blox receivers have UBX messages that provide the current GPS and UTC
> time as well as information about the number of leap seconds that have
> occurred and the time, date, and direction of any upcoming leap second.

Indeed, thanks.  That's just what I was looking for.  In fact, I see from
the documentation of one u-blox receiver I checked that they are quite
explicit about just how they handle leap seconds in their UTC reporting
(that's a good sign) as well as offering the option of choosing which time
base of all the different GNSS options they implemented.

Thanks,
Dave