[volt-nuts] Affordable batteries for Fluke 732A DC ReferenceStandard?

Greg Burnett gbusg at comcast.net
Wed Aug 12 07:14:48 UTC 2009

...Great information and suggestions by everyone! (I'd not thought of all
those possibilities.)

Now the ball is in my court to measure the old batteries' outside
dimensions, tab dimensions and tab positions - and then narrow the choice
down to batteries that will fit. One thing I've learned from this so far is
that apparently each battery manufacturer (or re-seller) uses their own
custom battery part number designation. Too bad they didn't do a better job
of standardizing?

One important consideration is that the battery connection tabs must align
with the corresponding holes in Fluke's internal aluminum top plate. (This
wouldn't be a consideration for the vast majority of similar applications,
but in this case Fluke's internal aluminum plate "expects" the tabs to be
precisely positioned.)

Thanks John, Ed, Roy, Dave, Mark and Eric for all your help!

Greg