[volt-nuts] 3458A AC board

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:47:29 UTC 2009

First thing to do is get the meter in and to try and debug the AC board.  It could be something as simple as a flakey connection or bad cap/diode/transistor/moon phase modulator.

If you have a (very good) friend with another 3458A it would be good to try swapping the AC board to verify that is actually the problem.

Next I would probably get the component level documentation  try to debug the unit with that info.

Only then would I spring for a new AC board (or probably just let HP fix the thing).  It would not be good to buy a $1000 board that does not fix the problem...