No subject

Sat Dec 19 16:55:59 UTC 2009

make sure you don't get problems from copper oxide build up which has a =
very
high thermal emf against copper.
I think you're likely to puncture any thin oxide layer when making a
connection, so I'm not sure this is really a problem in practice. An
application of something like Deoxit would hopefully solve it anyway.
With gold plating I presume the temperatures either side of the plating =
at
the point of contact will so similar that very little emf will be =
generated
independent of what plating material is used.
Tables of thermal emf vs. copper  show brass produces quite a low =
voltage.
I've never seen the figure for tellurium copper quoted.

Alan=20