[volt-nuts] opinions on picotest m3500A

Eric Garner garnere at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:25:35 UTC 2009

I've recently been looking into replacing my HP 34401a that was my
bench/portable workhorse DMM and noticed that the Taiwanese company
Picotest has a meter, the m3500A, with very similar specs to the
34401a. They sell new for around what a used 34401a and a trip to be
calibrated costs ($700-800 USD) and have USB interfaces versus
serial/GPIB.

http://www.picotest.com.tw/product01.html

has anyone used one? does anyone have any good, independent data on
their accuracy/precision/long term reliability versus an HP/Agilent
34401a or a 3456a?

--
--Eric