[volt-nuts] HP 1110xA standard resistors

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 7 21:03:42 UTC 2009

I have a couple of HP 1110x series standard resistors.  They were originally shipped with a cal certificate that listed the alpha and beta temperature coefficients for each resistor.  Of course these are long gone.

Does anybody have any cal certificates for these resistors (particularly the 11103A and 11104A). I would like to get some ballpark figures for alpha and beta.  The resistors used evanohm wire.

Also,  most cylindrical standard resistors have two sets of connections on each arm coming out of the resistor (for doing 4-wire Kelvin connections).   I have seen conflicting info on which connection should be the drive and sense connections.  I have always assumed the inner connections would be driven and the voltage sensed at the outer connections.  What is the official way to connect these resistors?