[volt-nuts] How to measure micro-amp currents and have low impedance?

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 23:58:14 UTC 2009

> To handle 1A either a power opamp or an opamp with a high current output
> buffer will be required.

Doing two different scales should avoid that.  I can use a standard low
value current sense resistors and DiffAmp or InAmp for the currents in
the mA range,
and up.

I did just thing that I should add, that the current pulses from the transmitter
are narrow in time, a few tens of microseconds.  The capacitors on the
actual board under test take care of most of that, from being seen by
the tester.