[volt-nuts] volt-nuts Digest, Vol 8, Issue 2

siebenborn siebenborn at yahoo.de
Wed Apr 14 12:32:59 UTC 2010

Hi Rob,

thanks for your reply.

> Ah, but where does the gold connect to?

Sure, the gold connects to the alloy.

But if the WHOLE connector is plated with gold,
the connections are:

Frontside : gold-gold (e.g. if a gold banana plug is used)
Backside  : gold-tin-copper (soldered copper wire)

Under this cirumstances, there is no connection to the alloy,
only to gold.

I admit that I never made practical measurements.
This is pure theory. But I think, it's worth to discuss
about it.

Regards

Marten