[volt-nuts] Best reference after LTZ1000

Andrea Baldoni erm191ba3 at ermione.com
Tue Aug 24 22:56:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 01:37:12PM -0400, Marv Gozum @ JHN wrote:

> But I think there are more conventional ways to achieve stability
> without the uncertainty of this circuit's function.

I agree.
In bandgap references, you use the reference-generated voltage to
regulate his current. With buried-zeners you usually do the same.
There's not any reason to use a different reference (of an inferior grade) to
regulate supply to a superior one (even if it may not do any harm, if the
superior reference has some grade of power supply variation indifference),
if not to cancel opposing thermal coefficients or maybe because it's a simple
circuit and surely autostarting... but the classical approach is cheaper.
As my lamp anemometer... you could do it, but why?

Best regards,
Andrea Baldoni