[volt-nuts] volt-nuts Digest, Vol 12, Issue 11

Roy Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 26 14:32:43 UTC 2010

Dick
I have read the exchanges on the subject of the HP3458A with considerable
interest.  I purchased a working 3458A about a year ago from a source which
in turn had obtained it from a large Companies Lab. when it closed down.  It
was in pretty good condition overall, but it has the ROM board with the
Dallas ROMs'  fitted, and I await the day in trepidation when they "run
out", but I would prefer to replace the board as you have, with the later
type.  As for calibration, mine was last cal'd by Agilent (here in the UK)
on 27/02/2007 with a next cal due date of 27/02 /2009. To date the
instrument has performed faultlessly. I anticipate that to replace the ROM
board with one obtained from Agilent UK would be very expensive, judging
from prices for other HP equipment replacement/repair prices. As you may
know, we in the UK usually pay the same amount in UK pounds that you in the
US pay in dollars. Has anyone in the UK purchased this item ?
Best regards.
Roy