[volt-nuts] 3458A A5 board

Randy Scott scottr9 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 15:46:44 UTC 2010

Dick,

How were you able to order the replacement A5 (outguard controller) board?  From Agilent's website, it does not appear that I can order the original through-hole (03458-66505), the SMT (03458-66547) or the upgrade kit (03458-80047).

My cal NVRAMs are past their expiration date (but still working) and I've been reluctant to replace them.  My main concern is that I won't be able to remove the NVRAMs intact enough to read their contents and program into replacements (which I would put into sockets).  My go-to technique for replacing DIP packages usually involves a wire cutter. :)

Randy.