[volt-nuts] do you like Labview in your labs?

Marvin E. Gozum marvin.gozum at jefferson.edu
Tue Dec 7 00:07:45 UTC 2010

Until the curruculum committee meets, often just yearly, and approves
any tools to substitute or add, the existing ones remain. If a
committee perceives future employers find Mathlab and Labview skills
a plus, and now they have been substituted or eliminated, will it be
a handicap?  How much evaluation exams or skills test are tied into a
tool?  Many schools, for example, do not approve of Wikipedia for
reasons outlined here:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=142109161313

You can disagree, but administration generally makes all the
rules.  Its the speed of bureaucracy.

When I was in college I was the transition group to last use slide
rule and math tables.  The committee didn't know how to deal with it;
in a relatively short time it would make obsolete a skill taught for
over 100 years to technical majors.  Calculators were widespread, but
it was still not approved.