[volt-nuts] do you like Labview in your labs?

Marvin E. Gozum marvin.gozum at jefferson.edu
Mon Dec 6 23:56:07 UTC 2010

Thanks for a lively discourse on the thread I started ;)

This is what I wished to hear to consider continuing to write my own
or using a specific platform.

I currently write in whatever I can quickly get the job done, not
projecting long term maintainability; but its a trade off between
quick short term gain now or learning a platform because of its
reputation, a reputation I have to take on faith.

Some comments on the thread:

Open source versus commercial: why pick?  Use what works.

Joshua Bell: playing in the subway is the wrong place in most places,
particularly rush hour.  Folks are rushing getting from a to B.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040401721.html

Chuck, on the side, did your issues with Prologix GPIB adapter
resolve using Linux?

You are really doing yourself a disservice letting the experiences you had