[volt-nuts] HP 419 & Fluke 845

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Fri Mar 26 03:11:57 UTC 2010

Two different neons with the same part number seems very unlikely. More
likely is a change in production over time eliminating the radioactive
component.

In a hotel bathroom, I saw a wall-mounted hair dryer with a neon pilot light.

If the room was dark, the neon was out.
If you turned on the room lights, the pilot glowed.
A flashlight would also make the neon glow.

-John