[volt-nuts] Wanted Coto reed relay part number 7002-5086

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 13:17:59 UTC 2010

Just use the 12V part as-is,  or add a current limiting resistor in series with the coil.

Or buy a reed,  a spool of magnet wire,  a lot of beer,  and have a spinning good time...

I got in a 5370A with a bad power relay coil...  4PST Potter and Brumfield still available for the piddly cost of $385 (but Tucker supposedly has them for $20).  Luckily I had a parts unit for a donor.  Otherwise I would have used a $2 unit from the local surplus store and wired it in.  Usually relay coils fail at the pin and can be fixed.  This one did not.