[volt-nuts] 32-Bit PWM divider

Andreas Jahn Andreas_-_Jahn at t-online.de
Tue Oct 5 18:27:58 UTC 2010

> Hello Andreas,

> The noise measurements that I made were done with a HP3457 in
> "high-resolution" mode (7-1/2 digits). The HP3457 was set to integrate
> over
> 50 power line cycles. If I remember correct the noise that i measured was
> pretty much that of the reference divided down according to the pwm ratio.
>
> Best regards
> Ulrich Bangert

Hello,

so I guess that you measured the effective (rms) voltage noise in the AC
range of the HP3457?
And this as broadband measurement (>= 1 MHz bandwidth of the HP) ?

Whereas I measured the 0.1 .. 10Hz  uVpp noise with an Oscilloscope.
If this is true the two values cannot be compared.

Best regards

Andreas